Quite often, Windows downloading improvements quietly within the qualifications while you’re operating and sets up all of them pictures future shutdown or even restart. On the other hand, when you delay to much time in order to reboot on your own or even your own up-date arises for a slated time period, the operating system may advise an individual that it’s gonna reboot inside a few minutes, until you put off additional communications for any selected time period (usually 10 minutes in order to four hours). In case you forget to put off, Windows may reboot without having your own choice.
The good news is, you possibly can fixed Windows 8. 1, Windows 8 or even Windows 7 to stop instantly restarting right after improvements having a simple change on the registry.
1. Launch the Registry Editor by hitting Windows + R, entering regedit into the dialog box and hitting Enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows.
3. Create a new registry key called WindowsUpdate under Windows if one does not already exist. You can create a new registry key by right clicking on the Windows key, selecting New then Key and renaming the folder which appears to WindowsUpdate.
4. Create a new registry key named AU under WindowsUpdate.
5. Create a DWORD Value named NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers in the AU Key. To create a new DWORD value, right click in the right window pane and select New then DWORD Value. Then rename the value as needed.
6. Set NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers to 1. You can set the value by double clicking on the DWORD name and entering the appropriate number in the dialog box which appears.
7. Close the Registry Editor and Reboot.